PEACHEY & CO LLP
Complaints Handling Policy
Revision August 2021
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes
wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of
receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to
our client care partner, Clare Brennan (or other partner as advised in our acknowledgment),
who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Our client care partner will normally then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully
resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgment
4. Within three days of the meeting, our client care partner will write to you to confirm what took
place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, our client care partner will send you a detailed
written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21
days of sending you the acknowledgment letter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for
another person at the firm unconnected with the matter or an appropriate alternative such as
mediation to review the decision.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final
position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 15870,
Birmingham B30 9EB about our complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must
usually be made within six months of the date of our final decision on your complaint but for
further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at
If we have to change any of the procedures or timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
Revised August 2021